Getting Back in the Groove

Happy President’s Day! I’m going to date myself a little, but I remember celebrating Lincoln’s and Washington’s birthdays on separate days. I kind of miss those days.

I’ve been out of the groove due to all this itching. The medicine my doctor prescribed didn’t work, so yesterday I decided to use the salve I make for my mom. It really helped. I also noticed that heat and sunshine take away the itch. The more heat, the less itch. Weird, right?

Today I start back on Riduzone. I can’t believe I’ve been off of it for 4 weeks! Feels more like years. 🤪 This week is going to be busy, but I’m getting back into the groove. Water intake is up today, as is healthier snacks. Lunch today is a turkey sandwich, baked chips and water. I also bought a bag of gala apples on Saturday, and had one as part of my breakfast this morning.

This week I’m going to try another recipe I found on Pinterest. It’s a DIY recipe for coffee syrup. I’m going to try to make peppermint flavored syrup. I love peppermint flavored coffee. So delicious!

I do have a funny story for you, though! We got some snow the week before last and I really enjoyed driving around in it and snuggling up in comfy sweaters and my pirate boots. However, I got a surprise late in the afternoon when the dryer wouldn’t work. Our washer and dryer are stacked, and I’m only 5’ 1” tall, so I have to memorize where the blue dot is on the dial and memorize how many clicks it takes to get to the setting I want. I saw neither the blue dot nor heard any clicking. That was distressing because I had just started washing a load of clothes and had a load ready to dry. It was getting late and the roads would be getting slick, so I didn’t want to make a trip to the laundromat in the dark. Well, I tried and tried to no avail. Nothing was working. So, when the load in the washer finished, I packed it up into my car and carefully drove to the laundromat. In the South, we don’t really get a lot of snow, but we do get black ice. It was kind of late when I got home, but the clothes were dry and folded and I breathed a prayer to God asking Him to help me figure this dryer situation out.

Well, the next morning, I woke up early. I was tidying up the kitchen and asking God again to either fix the dryer or show me what was wrong. Well, I was prompted in my spirit to check the dryer again, but this time use the foot stool that was in the living room. I did. Here’s where it gets funny, y’all. I unplugged the dryer and plugged it back in, and since the door was open, the light came on. I thought oh! It’s fixed, but when I messed with the buttons, there was no blue dot nor any sound. What the flip?! Here’s where I put the stool down and got on it. I still had to get on my tippy toes to see the dryer display, but I immediately saw the problem. The sound for the dryer had been muted! 😂 I hit the button and turned the dial a couple of clicks and there was my buddy the blue dot. 😂 Y’all. I didn’t have to go to the laundromat at all! I was laughing so hard. I may have snorted a couple of times. When I told my mom, she laughed until tears were coming down her cheeks. I’ll tell ya, it was an unexpected but welcome stress reliever.

With that being said, my mom has another test this week and the place she’s having it done at is two hours away. I thought it was only an hour and a half, but when I mapped it out it’ll take us closer to two hours. Prayers would be appreciated as we deal with traffic and waiting for results.

That’s my update for now, but until next time find something to laugh about and stay healthy my friends. 🤗

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s